What is this site?
Diddydonation.com is specifically for really small donations (one penny, ) that you give to a webpage if you find it interesting, useful or fun.
What is the point of such a small donation?
- We believe it’s more likely for 1000 people to donate 1p than it is for 1 person to donate 10 pounds, if the donation system is good enough.
- It’s a great way to show your support for a website – Put your money where your mouth is!
- It’s not just about the money – If a author has recieved 500 1p pledges they will be encourgaged to continue what they are doing. Vote of confidence and all that.
- Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Websites can benefit from a tiny trickle of small donations because they all add up.
- A 1p donation is such a small commitment that you don’t need to justify it to yourself – just do it!
Why should I use diddydonation.com?
- Free service – no fees. We don’t take a slice of the pie. We don’t make a profit, not even 1p.
- No commitment – You’re never committed to pay, unless you want to. Donations are IOUs rather than confirmed, i.e you can pledge a whole bunch of donations throughout the year then, if the time is right, you can put your money where your mouth is.
- You can pledge to any webpage, you don’t have to wait for the webpage to set up a donations box. Note: until they have given details on how to get funds to their bank, your dontations can only be IOUs.
In order to make a real monetary donation to a webpage we need the total donation amount by everyone that used Diddydonation.com to reach a non-loss sum.
The current non-loss sum is £10 which is the amount we deem worth the effort of making the transaction and where bank/paypal fees doesn’t have too large a impact.
Until this sum has been reached by the community, the checkout will say “amount too low“.
How do I give a larger donation?
There are plenty of other donations websites that accept normal donations: